Wednesday 17 July 2013

Summer madness


Wow what a week....the sun is STILL shinning, everyone is happy, happy, happy and With Love Betty has received some Fantastic news. As many of you know I opened With Love Betty nearly a year ago and even though it has been stressful at times, I have really enjoyed running my own business. Opening the boutique has enabled me to get creative in other fields and work with some amazingly creative people. So basically I get to do all the things I love on my own terms.....Loving life!! 

Well last week I received an email from the magazine Stella, which is the fashion magazine inside the Sunday Telegraph. They are planning on doing a feature on the Isle of Wight, a travel guide, basically showing the readers some of the best parts about the Island, where to eat, stay & shop. With Love Betty has been chosen as one of the places to shop :) I am beyond ecstatic about this. The feature will showcase With Love Betty to the nation as a hot spot on the island!!! Im still in shock that I have been chosen as I didn't get in contact with them, they found me :) They are not sure which issue the feature will be in but they hope over the summer.....So watch this space, I of course will let you all know when it happens so you can all check it out.

This is one of the outfits I wore last week whilst in the shop. I went for a boho inspired look that day with a simple white t-shirt dress with embroidered detail, matched with brown leather boots and rucksack. I love the detail on the dress and the fact the embroidery has been done in white thread, simple yet effective. Orginally the dress had fringing on the sleeves and hemline but I cut them off as they were so long and looked messy. 

My boots are from Topshop probably about 4 years ago. They are so soft and have worn down so well, which I love, they match my rucksack perfectly. Rucksacks are obviously massive right now, they look fab and they are extremely practical. I think I paid £7 for this racksack from the Chatuchak (weekend) market in Bangkok, Thailand...... love Thailand!! (You can read my post here on the Chatuchak market).

 

Hanging from my rucksack (for some reason you can't see it in the pics) is a good luck token from Vietnam. Whilst having dinner one evening in the beautiful village of Hoi an, a lady came up to us and asked if we would be interested in buying a good luck token, she said they will stop us from getting ill whilst traveling. Ever the cynical person David declined saying it was a load of rubbish. But I decided to give it ago (I was actually quite nervous about getting ill on our travels). Well what do you know for the whole 6 months I didn't get ill once, David on the other hand.....Well lets just say at one point I thought we were going to have to come home because he was so ill, and it was whilst we were in Vietnam!! coincidence?! I don't think so ;) 
The Buddha in the first picture looks over you and the tiger represents the year of the tiger, the year I was born. I love my good luck token, I wore it on my rucksack the whole time we were away and haven't taken it off since.

Dress: Old Topshop
Leather rucksack: Chatuchak (weekend) market, Bangkok, Thailand
Boots: Old Topshop
Sunglasses: Rayban
Rings: Etsy
 
Well that's all for now, Let me know what you think of my outfit and make sure you all enjoy that sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment