Saturday 20 July 2013

Coachella down Watchbell lane....




One of the questions I get asked when I say I own my own shop is "Do you get bored being in the shop alone all day?" And even though there are times when it is quiet and the day seems to drag, most of the time I have a great time, mainly due to the rest of the shop owners down Watchbell lane. We have our own small community down here :) On a sunny day you can catch us all hanging out down the lane, chatting whilst keeping an eye on our doors. I love it!!

There is one particular lovely lady who keeps me sane (well I think we keep each other sane) and that is the gorgeous Suzy. She owns a shop called My House, (check out her website here) which sells beautiful, unique and quirky bits for your home. She's extremely creative, making amazing pieces for the shop and creating stunning window displays. 

As you all know I love fashion and love choosing my outfits in the morning....when leaving Topshop I was worried I would feel less motivated to make an effect, but every morning Suzy and I check out each others outfits and give each other inspiration.

 The other day Suzy came to work in this cute Coachella inspired outfit......


 
 
The Clock pendent above was Suzy's Grandmothers.  
 
 Her rings are from her own shop (she has a gorgeous selection of jewellery) and her watch is from May 28th @ Urban outfitters.
 
 Her boots really finish off the outfit perfectly and at only £15 in the Topshop sale, she couldn't go wrong really!!

Hat: With Love Betty
Dress: H&M
Clock pendent: Vintage
Rings: My House
Watch: May 28th @ Urban Outfitters
Boots: Topshop

A few days later I was inspired to create my own Coachella inspired look.....
 

 My dress is from Topshop, years ago. I actually wear it backwards so the V is at the back instead of at the front. I saw a picture of someone at Coachella, she was wearing a backless dress and had worn her necklace the other way....I loved it so tried it for myself. What do you think?
 
I love wearing white or cream in the summer and really love crochet & lace so this dress is the perfect dress for me!! As for my rings....I got the turquoise one from Brighton & the thin silver ones from Etsy.
 
My boots are also from Topshop.
  I know your probably thinking, wow she has a lot of items from Topshop, but after working there for 10 years and getting a uniform allowance, I have accumulated quite a Topshop collection. 

Dress: Topshop
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins
Rings: Brighton & Etsy
Boots: Topshop

What do you guys think of our Coachella inspired outfits? We would love to hear your feedback :) Now all we need is a festival to wear them too!

Thanks for reading and carry on enjoying that sunshine this weekend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment