Thursday 4 July 2013

Inspirational dungarees....

So the sun is slowly making an appearance......hot summer days do exist!!
This summer there is one trend that seems to be taking over the high street and independent boutiques (like myself) and that is the 90's trend with one aspect in particular.......Dungarees.



Short dungarees are a great alternative to summer dresses or denim shorts. As you can see from the images above you can either wear them casually with a simple white tee and trainers or dress them up with a cute blouse and heels. I really love how the girl above has paired her more baggy pair with a gorgeous lace blouse and white heels, but the leather jacket tied around her waist finishes off the outfit perfectly, adding a rebellious, casual twist.   

This post would not be complete without a pic from the goregous Alexa Chung rocking her dungarees :) Love her style. 

 


 
 Personally I prefer trouser dungarees as I feel they have a more grown up look to them, esp when worn with a pair of strappy heels. Below is an image of myself wearing a pair....


I paired the Calvin Klein dungarees with a simple striped jersey top from H&M, vintage barely there strappy sandals and delicate gold jewellery. 



For a complete twist on the trend you could step away from denim and try leather or a more formal fabric. I particularly love the brown leather pair worn by Miroslava Duma. 

Would you wear dungarees? If so how do you style them. Let me know....
If you don't own a pair and fancy trying them this summer you can purchase a pair from With Love Betty on ASOS marketplace
 

Thank you for reading


* Not all images are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment