Friday 8 February 2013

ditsy print & leather


I thought I'd post this outfit for you all to see (and judge if you like), now for people who don't know me I'm not really a dress kinda girl, I feel alot more comfortable in a pair of jeans matched with a blouse, tee or jumper. But I woke up this morning and the sun was shinning through my window and I thought why not, lets go for a dress. It may still be chilly but I put on a pair of thick black tights (and a long sleeve top underneath) with my leather jacket and pretended i wasn't shaking from the cold on my short walk from my car to the shop.



I do LOVE this dress. I got it in one of my shopping trips for the shop last summer and it didn't quite make it into the shop (sorry about that). It definitely has a 90's grunge feel about it, I cant wait to wear it in the summer bear legged, undone at the top with a black crop top underneath. I think people would probably say I'm a girlie dresser?! but i disagree, I don't wear alot of floral prints but when I do they are ditsy prints. Being petite it's not wise for me to wear large floral prints as they will drown me! I think I can just about get away with the length of this dress as long as I show a little leg, otherwise I risk the chance of making myself look even shorter than I am.


For the pictures I put on a leather jacket from the shop, its a size 10 with cropped sleeves, 100% leather. Would be great for the spring months. I LOVE the buckle detail on the sides. So if you like, come and have a look for yourself in store :)



I recently purchased the two necklaces I'm wearing in the photos, the larger triangle one is from Topshop, and the small arrow is from My house the gorgeous home boutique just down the lane from me. I usually wear silver but I couldn't resist the gorgeous arrow necklace, and when i saw the triangle one in Topshop I  thought they would look perfect together.


What do u think of my outfit? Are you thinking about your spring outfits yet? Let me know by commenting below.

Thanks for reading.
With Love
xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment