Monday 21 January 2013

Mixing Vintage with highstreet....

Obviously I wear alot of vintage pieces as I own a vintage boutique, however this certainly doesnt stop me from wearing/buying highstreet pieces which I can wear alongside my vintage finds. Im a missive fan of leather: leather jackets, shorts, skirts and trousers, and even though I have vintage leather pieces I have found it hard to find vintage leather trousers that fit me how I like. Im definitely a skinny trousers type of girl and wear my faux leather trousers from Topshop all the time!!  They go perfectly with an oversized vintage jumper, I love the bright red one shown below, worn with red lipstick, the colours look fab against the cold grey days of winter!!
As it is so cold (and was snowing) I paired my outfit with a long faux fur coat, which is one of my favourites. Its slightly too big for me but I love the oversized look and it feels extra comfy and warm.
My Fringed leather bag is from a mexican market in old town San Diego, im not sure if its vintage, its beautiful though. Ive had it a few years now and my friends can probably tell you I wear it all the time! I think it goes great with this outfit.

I decided to add a modern twist to this outfit by adding black Topshop wedged high top trainers. I love how they enlongate my legs (im very short) without me looking to dressed up in heels, plus they are really comfy which is an added bonus.

So what do you think of this outfit and what would you do differently? please feel free to comment below.
Im new to this blogging game so any advice from you guys would be fantastic. I would also really appreciate it if you could share my blog with friends/family and of course dont forget to come visit With Love Betty to find your own Vintage pieces to inspire your own outfits.

with love xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment