Wednesday 30 January 2013

Love a day out in Brighton.....

On Sunday a friend and I decided to take the short train journey to Brighton for a day of shopping (maining window shopping), people watching (one of my favourite things to do) and eating yummy food :)

We arrived at around 11am and headed straight to one of their cute cafes down the north laines, and that is where the people watching started, and oh my Brighton is such a fab place to people watch. There are so many interesting, cool people; love getting styling tips by seeing how other people style there own individual looks.

From there we started to weave in and out of all the amazing shops down the North Laines. If you've never been to Brighton and love vintage shopping, get yourself down there for the day!!

Lots & LOTS of amazing, unique jewellery!!


Bags Galore!!!


Loved looking though all the vintage photos.....fantastic for styling tips.

For the day I wore my favourite coat, an Aztec blanket, swing coat. I received many compliments which always helps with your confidence when walking around a cool place like Brighton. I matched it with a pair of black jeans and my ever so comfy white converse. It was a beautiful day so even got to get out the trusty sunglasses ;)
After looking in what seemed like a thousand shops and wishing I had won the lottery we headed down to the south laines. These are the smaller laines which you can EASILY get lost down. Lots of boutiques, jewellery shops, make-up stores and yummy restaurants :)

The South Laines are absolutely beautiful as they are the older part of Brighton. The architecture and mood of them are so picturesque.


My friend Lindsay wore her beautiful faux fur coat (which she actually bought on our last visit to Brighton).

We found this guy chilling out with his owner, he was absolutely massive but extremely friendly, I just wanted to lay down next to him and give him a big cuddle!! (the cold wind stopped me though)

So overall we had a fantastic day. We were Island bound by 8 o'clock and too be honest was knackered. So for £15 return on the train from Portsmouth you and your friends can have a fab day out. However we've decided next time we are going for a weekend so we can check out Brighton's nightlife :)

Have you guys been to Brighton? Which shops are your favourite? Or have u found a better city I could try out? Let me know by commenting below!

With Love.......
xxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma, Think your posts are great. Have you thought about a twitter account as I think you could get a lot more publicity through Twitter, by following other people it gets them to see your profile and more people would see the blogs too :) Love Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, Thanks so much for your comment and advice. I do actually have a twitter account @withlovebetty but too be fair I dont use it as much as I probably should so I will def take your advice and get on the case. Thanks again, gem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I will follow you there too then! xx

    ReplyDelete