Thursday 3 July 2014

By Betty

So I know I have been out of action for a while when It comes to With Love Betty's blog but that's all about to change.......... I promise!! 

Regarding the content of my little blog, it is no longer going to revolve around With Love Betty but include my other interests and other projects I'm involved with. So I hope you enjoy the new content and find it informatative and exciting to read........here's hoping anyway ;) 

The lovely people who know me will probably tell you that I'm not the sort of person who can sit still for very long. I finish a project and straight away get itchy feet, planning in my head the next project. They range from being ridiculously huge (like opening my own vintage boutique) or teeny tiny (like making pom pom garlands) but either way my head is always planning and my Pinterest account is ever expanding. 

So With Love Betty is reaching it's 2nd year anniversary (I know right, how insane is that!!) and I still love being a shop owner. However the days can sometimes be a bit slow and frustrating when it's quiet. So to stop myself going absolutely crazy (and also to stop abusing my Netflix account) I decided to venture into a small side business. 

About 6 months ago a newly engaged friend of mine came round for her monthly dinner and gossip catch up. We started discussing her ever growing list regarding her wedding and on that list was finding the perfect wedding invitations. Like myself, my beautiful friend is extremely confident in what she wants (not fussy, confident!) and couldn't find exactly what she was after. After she showed me some of the samples she had received I said that it was something I could attemt to design for her. As you can imagine she looked a little scared at this, what if I was crap and she hated them? How do u tell a friend you hate her work? But she put her trust in me and thankfully loved my design and trust me I don't think she would hold back if she hated them. 

Using peonies in the design was a big must as these were the flowers she was to have in her beautiful bouquet. So after taking a photograph of a peony I went onto Indesign and started the slow process of drawing around it. I was then able to open the flower in Photoshop where I could rotate and manipulate it to look like multiple flowers of different sizes and shapes. Emma was there through out the whole design process, she was able to have the flowers exactly where she wanted them, the text in the fonts she wanted and arranged exactly how she imagined it would be. 

We were both very happy with the outcome :) 




Well 6 months later, on the 21st of June the wedding of Emma & James happened at the absolutely stunning venue, Osborne House, the holiday home of Queen Victoria herself! It was an extremely grand affair, the weather was perfect, the grounds and house were out of this world and the food and drink went down extremely well. As well as doing the invitations I ended up doing all the wedding stationery, everything looked stunning and I was so pleased with the outcome. 

Order of service......

 


Table plan, table names & menu.......



Framed items.....



The sweet table.....


Through out the process of designing and completing the stationery, Emma stated that maybe this is something I could pursue as a small business on the side of With Love Betty. It made sense, I had days when I had nothing to do and needed something to keep my brain ticking over, this seemed like the perfect answer. 

So "By Betty" was born...............

Xxxxxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment